Opportunities in Singapore and Beyond
A virtual event presented by B Capital Group and in partnership with the Economic Development Board of Singapore (EDB)
Is international expansion on the horizon for your startup? Are you interested in adding Southeast Asia to your company’s roadmap? It’s a new year and there’s no better time to explore ways your company can optimize towards regional expansion – both in establishing a regional headquarters and adding additional offices like engineering, product and other tech hubs in the region.
Join B Capital Group and the Economic Development Board of Singapore (EDB) on Wednesday, March 10th at 4:30 p.m. PT / 7:30 p.m. ET as we explore regional expansion opportunities in Singapore, one of the fastest-growing tech markets available to startups looking to establish an international presence. During the virtual event, we’ll dive into the processes major tech startups took to establish their offices in the country. We’ll explore the benefits of expanding into Singapore during our current climate and gather learnings from our speakers to provide attendees with tactical recommendations regarding expansion into new regions.
- Prominent B Capital Group portfolio companies will discuss their regional expansion journeys, such as successes, what surprised them, and what they would have executed differently.
- The Economic Development Board of Singapore (EDB) will provide insight into how they can assist startups throughout their expansion into Southeast Asia, such as government support, capital formation, information and connections.
The Southeast Asia market is extremely hot right now – don’t miss this unique opportunity to hear first-hand experiences from those in the region.
- Christine Lemke, Co-Founder and Co-CEO at Evidation Health
- Abe Smith, Head of International at Zoom
- Rashmi Gopinath, General Partner at B Capital Group
- Jeff Chia, Regional Director, Americas at Singapore EDB
- Tim Young, General Manager, Asia-Pacific at DataRobot
About B Capital Group
B Capital Group is a global firm specializing in venture and growth capital investments. In addition to investing in a company, B Capital helps its portfolio of startups recruit and train amazing teams via our network of top talent and in-house recruiting and talent experts. A priority since the firm’s inception, B Capital has achieved gender parity and women hold half of the Director+ roles at the Firm. The Information named B Capital Group one of the top-10 most diverse companies in the Venture Capital industry.
About EDB Singapore
The Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB) is Singapore’s lead investment promotion agency, which provides international businesses with information on the business landscape, connection to industry partners, and support for investment, transformation and growth initiatives in Singapore. EDB also plans and executes economic and industrial development strategies for Singapore, to enhance Singapore’s position as a global center for business, innovation and talent.